10 September 2010

Coffee time again


Another coffee stop/meeting and I don't know what this one is called, but it is next to the new banks on the on the outskirts of Corfu Town. It's very hard to park but very useful for a pit stop whilst moving from one bank queue to another! Sitting there on Wednesday swapping memory sticks and conversation with Wendy and Lorraine our erstwhile shop ladies, they started 'twittering' and everyone else in the place all looked in one direction.

I wondered what on earth was going on until Lorraine said 'It's Sakis' and indeed it was indeed Sakis Rouvas, one of Greece's most famous singers and a Corfu native. I am ashamed to say that I am not very well informed when it comes to Greek music so I didn't recognise him but certainly everyone else did and he even came over to say' Hello, how are you' to us, since Lorraine knows him. It's surprising the things that happen when you are just peacefully having a coffee.
Diana